◉9.反译法
所谓反译则是指把句子按照与源语相反的语序或表达方式译成目的语。
反译法通常用于英译汉,即对英语长句按照汉语的习惯表达法进行前后调换,或按意群进行全部倒置,原则是使汉语译句安排符合现代汉语叙事的一般逻辑顺序。有时反译法也用于汉译英。
倒装语序主要是指主谓倒装。英语中使用倒装语序,主要是为了加强语气、突出重点、平衡句子结构等,而汉语中使用倒装语序相对较少。在汉语中,定语修饰语和状语修饰语往往位于被修饰语之前;在英语中,许多修饰语常常位于被修饰语之后,因此翻译时往往要把原文的语序颠倒过来。
汉译英
●你懂的。
It goes without saying that
——网络流行语
●心有多大,舞台就有多大。
Limitless dream,boundless stage.
——中央电视台的广告
●“我代表党,代表人民,宣判你的死刑。”
“I sentence you to death,in name of the Party and the people.”(顺序颠倒)
——电影《党的女儿》
●我不知道我现在做的哪些是对的,哪些是错的,而当我终于老死的时候我才知道这些。所以我现在所能做的就是尽力做好每一件事,然后等待着老死。
Only till my natural death,could I tell which of what I have been doing is right or wrong,so now I have to try to do well in every⁃thing,and then wait to die a natural death.
——网络流行语
●他会在你说“面条”之前就会回来了。
He will be back before you can say“noodles”.
(语序转换,状语前置是汉语习惯)
——电影《功夫熊猫2》
●“兵临城下,将至壕边,岂可束手待毙?”
“Shall we fold our arms and wait to be slain when the enemy is already at the city gates?”
——电影《三国演义》
●繁华落尽,你才明白知音难觅。
You don’t realize that bosom friends are difficult to seek for until all flowers wither.
●改革开放以来,中国发生了巨大的变化。
Great changes have taken place in China since the introduction of the reform and opening policy.(全部倒置)
●人情债,我肉偿啦。
I’ll pay the debt of gratitude by selling myself.
——电视剧《蜗居》
●用珍稀的,为珍惜的。
Treasure,be treasured.
——电影《我愿意》
●做了生意,慢慢地变为城里人,慢慢地与乡村远离,慢慢地学会了一些只有城里人才需要的恶德,于是妇人就毁了。
Little by little,in the course of business,she would become citified and cut off from the country;little by little,she would pick up certain bad habits required only in a town.She would have degenerated.
——沈从文小说《丈夫》
●秦淮缓缓流呀,盘古到如今。
Ever since the ancient era,the river has been flowing gracefully.
——电影《金陵十三钗》
●谎言与誓言的区别在于:一个是听的人当真了,一个是说的人当真了。
The difference between a lie and an oath lies in that the one listening to it took it serious,and the one speaking it took it serious.
——网络流行语
英译汉
●one price
恕不讲价
●40%discount
6折大减价
●I’m just trying to fly low,avoid the radar,boss.
我只不过想保持低调,不想引起注意,长官
——电影《越狱》
●I never give anything without expecting something in return.I always get paid.
我做任何事不过是为了有所回报,我总要得到报酬。
——电影《乱世佳人》
●Love all,trust a few,do wrong to none.
爱所有人,相信一部分人,不对不起任何人。
——英国作家莎士比亚
●Beyond your imagination.
意想不到的天空。
——韩国航空公司广告
●Don’t try too hard.The best things come when you least expect them to.
不要着急,最好的总会在最不经意的时候出现。(语序转换)
●We’re the luckiest son⁃of⁃bitches in the world.
我们真是走运极了。
——电影《泰坦尼克号》
●Enough of this nonsense.
废话少说。
——电影《功夫熊猫2》
●The good and the beautiful do not always go together.善和美未必总是兼备。/善未必美,美未必善也。
——英国作家莎士比亚
●The best color in the world is the one that looks good on you.
最适合你的颜色,才是世界上最美的颜色。
●Go where he will,the wise man is at home.His harth the earth,his hall the azure dome.
明智者四海为家——地球是他的壁炉,蓝天是他的客厅。
——美国思想家爱默生
●Rhett:I think it’s hard winning a war with words,gentleman.
瑞德:各位,我认为纸上谈兵没有什么用。
——电影《乱世佳人》
●Love means never having to say you’re sorry.
爱就是永远不必说对不起。
——电影《爱情故事》
●There’s no place like home.
没有一个地方可以和家相提并论。
——电影《绿野仙踪》
●The man with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds.
具有新想法的人在其想法被接受之前是怪人。
——美国作家马克·吐温
●Money is not the root of all evils as is usually claimed,what is the root of all evils is the lust for money,that is the excessive,selfish and greedy pursuit of money.
金钱并非像平常说的那样是万恶之源。而对金钱的贪图,即对金钱过分的、自私的、贪婪的追求,才是一切邪恶的根源。
——美国作家霍桑
●Come here!
别跑!
——电影《当幸福来敲门》
●Homeistheplacewhere,whenyou have to go there,it has to take you in.
无论何时何地,家永远是向游子敞开大门的地方。
——美国诗人罗伯特·弗罗斯特
●“I gave her my word,Warner.”
“我答应过她不说的,华纳。”
——电影《U571》
●Better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
与其诅咒黑暗,不如燃起蜡烛。
——斯特朗
●It was an old woman,tall and shapely still,though withered by time,on whom his eyes fell when he stopped and turned.
他站住,转过身来,定睛一看,是个年迈妇女,个子很高,依然一副好身材,虽然受岁月折磨而显得憔悴。
●Eternal truths will be neither true nor eternal unless they have fresh meaning for every new social situation.
永恒的真理如果不在新的社会形势下赋予新的意义,要么就不是真理,要么就不是永恒的。
——美国总统罗斯福
●You do not grow the grain you eat and you do not make the clothes you wear.
你们吃的粮食不是你们自己种的,你们穿的衣服也不是你们自己做的。
●He disputes about everything—even about the facts.
他事事要争辩——连事实也要争辩。
●He was very gifted and became famous,because he did much more homework than any of his contemporaries.
他很有天赋,因为比同龄人做了更多的准备工作而闻名于众。
(本句是复合句。主句是he was very gift⁃ed and became famous,而because he did much more homework than any of his con⁃temporaries是原因状语从句。因为依据汉语习惯,原因在前,而结果常在后。所以,尽管原句中的原因状语从句在后面,在将之译成汉语时,却把它放在后面。)
●The above facts insist on the following conclusions.
上述事实使人们不能不得出以下结论。
●Nothing can live without water.
无水则万物不能生存。
●Poverty is an abnormality to rich people.It is very difficult to make out why people who want dinner do not ring the bell.
对于富人来说,贫穷是不可理解的异常现象:他们怎么也弄不明白,那些想要吃饭
的人,为什么不摇铃让人送来呢?
——英国经济学家巴杰特W.
●Every man is a poet when he is in love.
每个恋爱中的人都是诗人。
——古希腊哲学家柏拉图
●Whom the gods destroy,they first make mad.
上帝要谁灭亡,必先让他疯狂。
——欧里比德斯
●Never frown,even when you are sad,because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.
纵然伤心,也不要愁眉不展,因为你不知是谁会爱上你的笑容。
——网上流行语
●At Chicago Memorial Hospital.Details are sketchy but we know that Dr.Kimble’s wife,Helen,was found murdered tonight.
这是我们从芝加哥纪念医院的著名外科医生理查德·吉伯家发回的现场报道,吉伯医生的妻子海伦今晚被人谋杀,情况不甚明了。
——电影《亡命天涯》
●Time is changing,space is changing and everything is changing except my miss to you!
时间在变,空间在变,不变的只有对你无限的思念!
——短信
●A man once told her that men weren’t real buddies until they had been“through the wars”together—corporate or athletic or military.
一个男人曾经告诉过她,男人们只有一起在商场、竞技场或战场上竞争过,才会成为真正亲密的朋友。
——埃伦·古德曼
●Well,fate has a way of putting in front of us that which we most try to leave behind.
没想到我们早已忘却的事又重新回到眼前,造化弄人。
——美剧《白领》
●Come,Luke,together we can rule the galaxy as father and son.
想清楚吧,卢克,作为父子,我们可以统治整个银河。
——电影《星球大战之帝国反击战》